Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beat is Back!

Last weeks' show was a hit, if I do say so myself.

On August 5th and 6th, Freedom Train Productions presented the first public performances of my new work-in-progress--Bring the Beat Back.

Christopher Burris directed the show, and played Deputy Deacon Duncan Studness
Shaun J. Wright provided costume concept and design.

Lee Avant played The Shopkeeper
Vandit Bhatt played Rey Presscott
Jerome Braggs played The Baron Jammaster
Shydel James played Dayton Macnamara Black
Fatima Quander played Trudy Macnamara Black
Johnny Ramey played The Captain
and
Penny Danielle Tinsley played Lady Ace.

Sheree Renee Thomas and Kenyon Farrow led lively post-show discussions with the audience, and my good friend and stylist Randal Jacobs made sure I was dressed to impress!

I was thrilled with the performances, and I'm looking forward to moving the show to the next stages. Thanks to everyone who made it out, and everybody else who sent good vibes my way!

Pictures soon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely looking forward to the pictures!
-Darius

Jamar Herrod said...

i wanna see the pics too!