Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lots of Projects Coming Up

Here's what I've got in the pipeline folks.

The Lattice Crashes – Workshop Production
The Lattice Crashes is a dramatic comedy that examines a modern day hate crime from the vantage point of the distant future. This year, I have been working hard to secure resources for The Lattice Crashes as a staged workshop production. I have secured an executive producer and director for the project, and am planning to mount The Lattice Crashes in early November or December, 2010.


The Fire This Time Festival, Year Two
In February 2010, I was a featured playwright in Year One of The Fire This Time Festival. My work was featured alongside new work by six other talented early-career playwrights. The success of Year One of the Festival has prompted a more ambitious scope for Year Two, and I have signed on as executive producer. I am also developing a new theater work to workshop as part of the festival. Year Two planning is underway, with core programming scheduled for Mid-January 2011.

The Seeing is Believing Cycle – Exploring Violence
I am actively planning this innovative new works cycle. The focus of Seeing is Believing is to develop artistic projects that focus on self-hatred and timely social issues. For the 2010-2011 season, the project’s collaborative artistic team is focusing on Self-Hatred and Violence. I have partnered with long-time collaborators Teresa Michelle Lasley and Rhonney Greene to produce a number of public panel discussions and forums to explore violence. These events will inform the scope and content of a new, currently untitled interdisciplinary performance project.

No comments: