Los Angeles has been a whirlwind for me.
The Cosby Program has been an awesome crash course in the professional Television and Film industry. More than that it has helped me get a somewhat stable footing in Hollywood.
A few weeks ago, the Cosby Program held it's "commencement," ceremony, celebrating almost 20 years of success as a champion of diversity. More on that here.
The last eight months have been a writer's retreat for me, and I got a lot done:
- Lead TV Writing Sample (NBC’s Community) placed in top ten percent at Austin Film Festival
- Two rounds of interviews for a Writers Intern post on a real network TV show (but no cigar)
- Original Webseries (She’s Out Of Order) post-production is underway (Fall 2012 premiere)
- Core rewrites on my Music-dramadey theater piece: Bring the Beat Back
- Short Play – Falling Out – remounted by Christopher Burris in Brooklyn for a two-weekend run (I wasn’t even there)
- New Writing Samples in development: original TV pilot, Happy Endings sample episode, new full-length theater drama, and more!!
- Growing Los Angeles “Industry” network, including folks from Futurama, BET, CBS, just to name a few.
Too many good things have already happened. Can't stop now!!!
My Cosby cohort - the 2012 class - has more exciting things planned, and I can't wait to share them, as well as a few more updates from Under the Spell Productions and my growing network of peers!