Friday, September 20, 2013

Southern California Isn't Always Sunny



September Wallops and Punches and Slugs, Oh My:

  • Rejection Emails have been flying in from various Screenwriting Contests and Fellowships!
  • One of my newer scripts is in stall mode because of creative differences (with myself!) 
  • Bills are Due even though I paid them last month.
  • And it's not even sunny outside today.


I suppose it's not all doom and gloom.  I've got some new prospects in my network reviewing some of my material, She's Out of Order is on Episode 8, and I'm finally making real time to work on Bring the Beat Back for 2014.

So I guess, I really shouldn't be complaining. The road to success as a writer is winding and full of disappointment.  It's times like this when I turn to Evita lyrics for inspiration. Yes, Evita. Cheesy I know, but just look how profound:

"Sometimes it's very difficult to keep momentum when it's you that you are following."

So all of that to say, weeks like this are just part of the game. So CHIN UP Folks, and carry on!


1 comment:

Jamar Herrod said...

Great motivation! Keep on moving. I've seen your series by the way! You are moving in the right direction. I hope more funding comes your way!