Saturday, August 23, 2014

New Play ... Reading at Harlem's National Black Theatre 8/25/14

Yes, I've been a bit under a rock, but things are coming together for a brand new play I'm writing. I count myself fortunate to have some AMAZING TALENT collaborating with me on this one.

the play is tentatively called THIS APP IS NOT THE BUSINESS. And I'm excited to see how it's gonna grow.

Here's the deets:

THIS APP IS NOT THE BUSINESS 
Keep Soul Alive Mondays- Reading Series 
The National Black Theatre
2031-33 National Black Theatre Way 
(Fifth Avenue between 125th and 126) 
New York, NY 10035 
$10 Suggested Donation
7:30 PM

Playwright: Derek McPhatter 
Director: Christopher Burris

FEATURING: 
Bridgit Antoinette Evans 
Shelese Franklin 
Kim Rios Lin 
Clinton Lowe 




About the show
Our community’s favorite loan officer just wants to do the right thing, but between the evil forces of gentrification, the get-rich-quick schemes of her clients, and a cutthroat corporate culture, the ‘right thing’ might be more than she bargained for.


Want More Info?
and



No comments: